You can pay your KPLC postpaid bill using Mpesa. This is the procedure of how to pay KPLC Postpaid bill via Mpesa.
# Go to your Mpesa menu
# Select Lipa na Mpesa
# Select Pay Bill
# Enter 888888 as the Business Number
# Enter your account number e.g if your a/c no. is 259779-01, write 259779
# Write the amount
# Enter your Pin Number
# Confirm if the details are correct
# Press OK
However it takes 48 hours for Kenya Power to update your account
Paying your KPLC Electricity Bill with Airtel Money (Airtel)
- Go to the Airtel menu on your Sim tool kit
- Select Airtel Money
- Select Make Payments
- Choose Paybill
- Choose Kenya Power Bill for postpaid bill OR Kenya Power Prepaid for purchase of tokens
- Enter the amount to be paid
- Input your Airtel Money secret PIN
- In the reference option, put your full Kenya Power account number e.g. 123456-01.
- Confirm that the details are correct
- Press OK
An SMS will be sent to you to confirm the payment. However the transaction takes 24 hours to be updated.
To check your Kenya Power bill, send the first part of your account number e.g. 123456 by SMS to 95551.