The KNEC KCSE Registration 2020 online in Kenya for 2021 KCSE Candidates will still be done from the Kenya National Examinations Council – KNEC website: https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/KCSE/REGISTRATION/Login.aspx
Below is a guide of how to do the KNEC KCSE Registration 2020
The Headmaster or the authorized person will follow these four steps;
- Visit the KNEC website https://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/KCSE/REGISTRATION/Login.aspx
- Download the application form for the candidates’ registration
- Fill the candidates details to create the registration file
- Login into the KNEC website and:
- Upload the registration file
- Enter new candidate
- Edit existing candidates
- Edit school details
- Generate and print nominal roll
- Generate and print school invoice
NB: The school principals should know that this application is only available up to last day of the Registration period.
How to Access the System for KNEC KCSE Registration 2020 Online
- First you will need to have your user name and password. The username being the school code. The code is now an 8-digit number. The county code has been added to the earlier 6-digit school code.
- To obtain password, send an SMS to 22262 with the format KCPE#centrecode e.g KCSE#12345678, you will then receive an 8-digit number which you shall use as the password to log in.
- Enter your user name and password
- Click Log In
- Upon successful login, you will be required to change your password as a security measure ensuring that only authorized persons can access your registration details. The form below will appear that will allow you to change your password.
NB: Appears only if accessing the system for the first time.
Changing Password for KNEC KCSE Registration 2020
- Type in the 8 digit number sent to you via SMS as the default password in the text-area labeled Current Password.
- Enter (create) the new password (Can be any combination of letters or numbers) in the text-area labeled New Password.
- Confirm the new password (Please don’t copy-paste), by re-typing the password in the text-area labeled Confirm Password.
- Click Change Password to effect the changes
- Click Continue to proceed to the upload – registration of candidates. PHOTOGRAPHS
How to upload Photographs for KNEC KCSE Registration 2020
For the candidates who will be required to upload photos, i.e. non formal students, the following guidelines will help:
- It must be a passport photograph, should be colored and must be taken using a digital camera.
- The photo should be taken on a cream or light grey background (the backgrounds should be plain not flowered)
- Photo size should be 45mm high x 35mm wide
- Free from shadows.
- The photo should be taken with eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or spectacles)
- The candidate should be facing forward, looking straight at the camera.
- The Candidate should be having a neutral expression with the mouth closed (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)
- Each candidate should be on his/her own, no group photos or objects like dummies or toys or even other people being visible on the photos.
- The photo should be in sharp focus and clear with a strong definition between the face and background.
- The photo must contain the full face, neck and shoulders of the candidate in frontal view
- The photo should be recent (not more than six months old)
- The photos MUST be saved with the full index of the candidate and in JPG format i.e. the 11digits e.g. 01101001001.jpeg.
- NO PHOTO SHOULD BE SAVED WITH THE NAMES OF THE CANDIDATES.
- All photos should be taken in school uniform
- In addition to uploading the photos all schools should submit the saved photographs to KNEC offices through their D.E.O’s in CD’s (each photo should be matched with the index numbers not names, in JPG format).
How to upload photos for KNEC KCSE Online Registration 2020
- Transfer candidates’ photo onto a computer
- Rename / save the photos with the candidate index number (no photo should be saved with the candidates’ names)
- Create a folder named your center code
- Copy all the candidates photos onto that folder
- Zip/compress the folder
- Right click the folder with Photos
- Select Send to
- Click on Compressed (zipped) folder
- Log on back to KNEC website http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/kcse/REGISTRATION
- Click upload button candidate photos
- Enter your username and password
- From the TASKS drop down list, select Upload Candidates Photos and click Continue
- Browse to the compressed photos folder, and click upload
- If successfully uploaded, a message will show on the application.
Confirmation of the KNEC KCSE Registration 2020
To confirm the KCSE registration go to the webpage http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/confirmation/KCSE